Keep being updated with phanganist.com by following our Facebook page.
Itching to get back to Koh Phangan? We bet you are! Well, now you can through the Samui Plus scheme. This avoids the 14-nights Alternative State Quarantine in Bangkok. It still requires you to adhere to some new rules, tests and requirements, but is much more comfortable and will get you here faster.
1. Tourists should come from a country in the approved list and must have stayed there at least 21 days prior to departure, except those with residence in Thailand who are returning from a journey specifically in these countries.
2. You must be fully vaccinated with a vaccine that is approved by the Thai FDA/ThaiMinistry of Public Health/WHO for at least 14 days and have a valid vaccine certificate.
In case a traveller is registered at high risk of COVID-19 due to proximity with an infected person during the trip OR in Thailand, then the traveller will be placed in the medical protocol as determined by Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health.
3. Children under 18 are NOT REQUIRED to be vaccinated if they are travelling with fully vaccinated parents or guardians.
4. All travellers including children must receive a negative test of COVID-19 by RT-PCR within 72 hours.
5. You must have medical insurance with COVID-19 treatment coverage of at least $100,000.
COVID-19 Health Insurance of $100,000 coverage
Fully paid for 7 nights stay in a Koh Samui Extra+ Hotel confirmation and 7 nights SHA+ Hotel confirmation
In case of staying less than 7 nights, must book Samui Extra+ only 6 nights needed
Visa if applicable
7. Confirmation of the approval along with the COE
8. You must get a covid test (RT-PCR) only 72 hours before the departure with a negative result.
9. Stay in the designated area for at least 14 nights. In the case of staying less than 14 nights, tourists must travel out of the kingdom by a direct international flight or through a dedicated flight by Bangkok Airways to connect to a direct flight at Suvarnabhumi Airport.
10. Arrive and disembark at Gate E10, Suvarnabhumi Airport.
11. Airline staff will escort passengers to the health control checkpoint at Concourse F.
12. You must install the Thailand Plus App.
13. Go through the Immigration process at the Fast Track area.
14. Airline staff will escort you to the security checkpoint and wait at Gate D4.
15. Board at Gate D4 and get on the bus to embark on the Bangkok Airways aircraft at the remote parking stand.
16. Arrive at Koh Samui Airport and disembark at Gate 5 (international arrival).
17. You must install the Mor Chana App and register for Samui Health Pass.
18. Go through the Customs clearance process.
19. Arrive at the Samui Extra+ property in the designated vehicle.
20. You will have RT-PCR tests which will be conducted according to the length of your stay (days 6 - 7 and 12 - 13)
Day 0: FIRST RT-PCR TEST
Conducted at the hotel while you stay and rest in your room whilst waiting for the result.
Day 1 - 3 RELAX AT THE HOTEL
After receiving a negative result, tourists can relax and use the services in the area that the hotel has allocated.
Day 4 - 7 SEALED ROUTE
You are able to travel in the districts of Koh Samui according to a specified route and travel program.
Day 6 or 7 SECOND RT-PCR TEST
The test will be conducted at the hotel.
Day 8 - 14 RELAXED STYLE
Must stay at a SHA+ hotel and after receiving a negative test result you can travel within Koh Samui and to Koh Phangan or Koh Tao with a follow up on the specified IT system.
Day 12 or 13 THIRD RT-PCR TEST
To be conducted at a hospital.
As stated above you still must stay in a SHA+ hotel on Koh Phangan for another 7 days before having the option to stay in your own chosen accommodation.
From Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Koh Tao, tourists can travel to other provinces in Thailand by providing proof of at least 14 nights stay, 3 Negative RT-PCR test results and evidence of disease control according to the destinations regulations.