The decree comes into effect on March 26, 2020.
In his televised announcement at Government House, Gen Prayut said new requirements to control the disease would be enforced.
This is a translation of the Emergency Decree declared this afternoon. The translation has been done to provide a quick guide of the intentions. We will publish the government’s official English translation as soon as it becomes available.
On March 24, 2020, Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha, Prime Minister of Thailand and Minister of Defense.
Announcement of the Cabinet’s resolution issuing the Emergency Decree on Government Administration in Emergency Situations 2005 to control the outbreak of Covid-19 virus infection.
In accordance with Article 9, in the event that it is necessary to resolve an emergency situation to end immediately or to prevent a more serious incident, the Prime Minister has the power to issue regulations.
Level 1 – general emergency situations.
No one may leave the home within the specified period. Unless authorised by a competent official. The current news says that the curfew will be specified at 19.00-07.00 hrs (7pm-7am).
– Prohibiting assembly or mingling anywhere.
– prohibiting the use of transportation routes or the use of vehicles Or stipulating conditions for the use of transportation routes or the use of vehicles
– Prohibiting the use of buildings. Or enter or be in any place.
– To evacuate people from the designated area for the safety of the said people. Or prohibiting anyone from entering the designated area.
(1) No person may leave the dwelling place within the specified period. Except with permission from a competent official or an exempt person.
(2) No assembly or mobilisation at any place or any act which instigates unrest
(3) Prohibiting the publication of news or distribution or distribution of books, publications or any other media which contains messages which may cause people to be afraid, or intentionally distort information and cause misunderstanding in an emergency situation.
(4) Prohibiting the use of transportation routes or the use of vehicles. Or stipulating conditions for the use of transportation routes or the use of vehicles.
(5) Prohibiting the use of buildings Or enter or be in any place.
(6) To evacuate the people from the designated area for the safety of the said people or prohibiting anyone from entering the designated areaLevel 2 Critical emergency situations
– The authority shall have the power to arrest and control any person suspected to be a co-offender in an emergency situation. As is necessary to suppress the violence without delay.
– The authority shall have the power to issue an order calling any person to conduct a report or in for questioning.
– The official shall have the power to issue an order to seize or retain, consumer goods, chemicals or any other objects.
– The authority shall have the power to issue an order to search, demolish or destroy any building or obsitcal if needed.
– The authority shall have the power to issue an order prohibiting anyone to leave the Kingdom.
– Issue orders to use military force for Serious events or an emergency situation to sustain and minimise the level of damage.