- Koh Samui
- Koh Tao
Hostels are a great place to meet new people and socialize with them. Often there are parties going on every night which are a great way to have fun with the people you’re bunking with. However, for those that want a good night’s sleep, a hostel may not be the easiest place to do so.
Here are some tips for getting a good night’s sleep while staying in a hostel!
1.Buy ear plugs/headphones: Make sure you have a pair of earplugs in order to avoid hearing your drunk roommates come in at 4 am. You can also listen to white noise or soothing music with headphones in order to block out some loud noise and help you fall asleep.
2. Get an eye mask: Buying yourself an eye mask is a good way to block out any bright lights that may be on while you’re trying to sleep.
3. Stay active during the day: By doing things such as exercising, hiking, walking around and being productive during the day, you will tire yourself out more. This way, by the end of the day you will be very tired and more likely to get a good night’s sleep. Wake up early as well.
4. Pick a private room: If possible, pick a room with few or no people. It may be a little more expensive, but this way, you will have your own privacy.
5. Pick your bed: If you dont have the option to get a private bed, see if you can pick your bed. One that is further from the door or a top bunk is a better way to block out noise.
6. Try not to use your phone before bed: Technology such as your computer or phone generates a lot of light, which can give you trouble when trying to fall asleep. Instead, read a book or your travel guide to make yourself sleepy!
We hope you have a good night's sleep!